Being one of the strenuous treks in the lap of Himalayan region, Manaslu Circuit Trek walks you to the vicinity of Mt. Manaslu (8156m). Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain in Nepal. Likewise, it is termed as the mountain of spirit in Nepal. Less explored and untouched off the beaten trekking path in the Manaslu Region lets you observe the traditional Buddhist and Hindus culture. In addition to that, your chance to cross Larke La Pass during Manaslu circuit trek at the elevation of 5160m makes this trek unforgettable trip ever. From the top of Larke La pass, the 360 panoramas of towering Himalayan and natural paradise will be awesome. If you wish for getting pure adventure then Manaslu is the right option. Pristine flowers, wild animals, towering waterfalls, typical home stays, monasteries and the Himalayan landscapes are truly amazing. The part of Manaslu circuit trek falls under Manaslu conservation area. As a matter of fact, Manaslu Conservation Area is the home to 11 types of forests. Likewise, these forests are home to Himlayan Thar, Snow leopard, and Blue Sheep. In addition to that, you’ll walk through traditional villages in Manaslu region. Similarly, you can interact with local peoples whose lifestyle and culture akin to Tibetans. Manaslu circuit trek is the restricted area trekking so, you’ll need a special permit to trek in this region. Similarly, you will need to buy Trekker Permit for Manaslu Circuit Trek if you wish to trek alone otherwise, guide is compulsory while trekking in this region.
Trip Highlights of Manaslu Circuit Trek
- Newly established trekking route
- Off the beaten trek
- Less explored and low crowd
- Connected to Tsum valley and manang
- Witness primitive Himalayan civilization
- Explore Tibetan Buddhism and unique Hindu culture and traditions.
- Trek to Manaslu base camp
- Cross Larkya La Pass (5160m)
- Restricted area trekking
- Amazing view of Mount Lamjung, The mountain of spirit- Mount Manaslu, Mount
Annapurna II and many other himalayan peaks.
- Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu(1400m) to Arughat (670m)
- Day 02: Arughat (670m) to SotiKhola(730m)
- Day 03: Trek from SotiKhola(730m) to Machhakhola(930m)
- Day 04: Trek from Machhakhola(930m) to Jagat(1410m)
- Day 05: Trek from Jagat(1410m) to Deng(1874m)
- Day 06: Trek from Deng to Namrumg
- Day 07: Trek from Namrung(2630m) to Samagaun(3530m)
- Day 08: Rest at Samagaun(3530m) for acclimatization
- Day 09: Trek from Samagaun(3600m) to Samdo(3690m)
- Day 10: Trek from Samdo(3690m) to Larkya La Phedi(4470m)
- Day 11: Trek from Larkya La Phedi(4470m) to Larkya la Pass(5160m) and Bimthang(3720m)
- Day 12: Trek from Bhimthang(3720m) to Tilche(2300m)
- Day 13: Trek from Tilche(2300m) to Jagat(1410m)
- Day 14: Trek from Jagat(1410m) to Bhulbhule(850m)
- Day 15: Drive from Bhulbhule(850m) to Kathamandu(1400m)
- Day 16: Transfer to Airport Kathmandu
- Day 01 :Drive from Kathmandu(1400m) to Arughat (670m) You’ll start your journey to Manaslu region today. All the plans and preparation would
already have been discussed the previous day. The drive from Kathmandu to Arughat
would be around 6 hours via Prithivi Highway. The scenic drive will offer you the beautiful
view of Trishuli river, Budi Gandaki river, traditional Nepalese villages and terraces used
for farming. Overnight stay in guesthouse in Arughat.
- Day 02 :Arughat (670m) to SotiKhola(730m) Today, you’ll trek from Arughat to SotiKhola. While trekking through Arughat to Sotikhola
you will get the scenic view of landscape, villages, river, Mt Ganesh Himal and Manaslu.
Likewise, you’ll have your breakfasts and launch in the tea houses on the way. It will be
around 6 hours trek. Overnight stay in Guesthouse in Sotikhola. Alternately, most of the
trekkers now extends their drive from Arughat to Sotikhola the previous day and start
trekking from Sotikhola.
- Day 03 :Trek from SotiKhola(730m) to Machhakhola(930m) After early morning breakfast, you’ll leave Sotikhola. Right after that, you’ll cross the
suspension bridge and trek through Sal forest. Then the trail walks you through the ridge
alongside the Budi Gandaki river. Crossing two tropical waterfalls, following the rocky trail,
walking along rice terraces you’ll reach Gurung village Labubesi. Hiking for a while, the
valley opens up and the Budi Gandaki river curls among wide gravel bars. Finally, on
crossing the suspension bridge you’ll reach Machhakhola. It will be around 6-7 hours trek.
Overnight stay in Machhakhola.
- Day 04 :Trek from Machhakhola(930m) to Jagat(1410m) After the minor ascends and descends, the path crosses Thado Khola and you’ll reach Khorlabesi. Later, the path finally ends up and down and you’ll encounter a little Hotspring in Tatopani. From there, you’ll climb over another ridge, then cross the span over Budhi Gandaki. At this juncture, you’ll mount up wide and well-crafted stairs, then across a landslide and over a ridge to Dobhan. Upon crossing another span over the Yaru Khola, you’ll climb the stone stairs. Later, you’ll drop to the stream. And eventually a delicate climb on additional stone stairs leads you to Tharo Bharyang. Crossing the western bank of the Budhi Gandaki, you’ll climb over a ridge, trek on the stream and then climb towards the village of Jagat. night long stay in a guest house in Jagat.
- Day 05 :Trek from Jagat(1410m) to Deng(1874m) Early on the morning, after breakfast you’ll start your trek by climbing over the rocky ridge and reach Salleri. Later, from Salleri you’ll descend to Sirdibas. After that the trail passes to Ghatta khola and the valley opens a bit. Further on continuing the trek, you’ll walk upstream to a long suspension bridge in Philim, a large Gurung village. And then the trail turns north leading you to Ekle Bhatti. The trek route now enters a steep, uninhabited gorge from where you’ll descend to the grassy land slopes. And then you’ll cross the Budhi Gandaki river. The route then walks you along the west bank for a while, then cross to the east bank and then back again. As you continue through the trail the valley widens and you’ll pass through bamboo forests to the Deng Khola. Finally, upon crossing the Khola, you’ll reach the tiny village of Deng. Overnight in guesthouse in Deng.
- Day 06 :Trek from Deng to Namrumg On your 6th day of Manaslu circuit trek, a brief walk beyond Deng, you’ll cross the Budhi Gandaki and ascend up to Rana at 1910m.And then head west up the Budhi Gandaki valley. The trail then walks you through forests and mani stones where you’ll turn towards a corner that contours to Ghap. Leaving the alternative route behind, you’ll follow the route through Prok village which offers the beautiful view of Siringi Himal. Further you’ll cross the Budi Gandaki several times today and come across several gompas on your trekking route.The trail then follows the river upstream and cross through dense forest. After crossing the stream at a formidable spot where it thunders down a slender gorge, the forest becomes less dense and therefore the path is fine again. The trail then continues and after a last steep ascend you’ll reach Namrung. Overnight stay in guesthouse Namrung.
- Day 07 :Trek from Namrung(2630m) to Samagaun(3530m) Today, the trekking distance from Namrung to Samagaun is 17.7 Kilometers/ 10.9 Miles. You’ll walk through Li, Shyo, and Lhogaon. Samagaun lies at the elevation of 3530m. While trekking through Namrung to Samagaun you’ll observe several Mani walls and prayer wheels. Samagaon is the place where you’ll spend two nights for acclimatization during your manaslu circuit trek. Overnight stay at Samagaun.
- Day 08 :Rest at Samagaun(3530m) for acclimatization Today, you’ll spend your day at Samagaun for acclimatization. You’ll either visit Manaslu base camp or Punggen Gompa. We suggest you to visit the Manaslu base camp because it normally take about 5 hours to reach base camp and return back to Samagaon. Even though the time is normal, for this adventurous journey one need to have adequate physical aptness. Trek to Manaslu Base Camp at the altitude of 4400 meters above sea level is the real adventure. Overnight stay at Samagaun.
- Day 09 :Trek from Samagaun(3600m) to Samdo(3690m) Spending a day for rest at Samagaun, you’ll continue your Manaslu circuit trek to Samdo. Today, you’ll trek slowly to Samdo since, the elevation gain will be rapid. The trekking distance from Samagaon to Samdo is short still altitude gain makes it slower to accomplish. As a matter of fact, Samdo id the last village before Thorang La pass. Ovenight stay at teahouse in Samdo.
- Day 10 :Trek from Samdo(3690m) to Larkya La Phedi(4470m) Larkya La Phedi is also known as Dharmashala lies at the elevation of 4470 meters above sea level. Today, you’ll cover 6.5 Kilometers trekking distance from Samdo to Dharmashala. You’ll start your trek on a wild Himalayan trail, cross Gayala khola and ascends over the ridge and finally reach Larkya La Phedi. Today, on your trek you’ll explore Buddhist monasteries, hanging glaciers, Mani walls and prayer flags on the way. Ovenight stay at Tea house in Dharmashala.
- Day 11 :Trek from Larkya La Phedi(4470m) to Larkya la Pass(5160m) and Bimthang(3720m) Today, you’ll be crossing the highest elevation in your Manaslu circuit trek Larke La pass at an altitude of 5160 Meters. The longest and challenging trekking part will start with a early morning breakfast. After you reach Larkya La pass you’ll witness beautiful Mountains like Humlung Himal, Cheo Himal, Kang Guru, and the great Annapurna II. Descending from Larkya La pass you’ll finally reach Bimthang. Overnight stay at Bimthang.
- Day 12 :Trek from Bhimthang(3720m) to Tilche(2300m) After the challenging trek the previous day, you’ll continue your trek from Bhimthang to Tilche. You’ll first cross the wooden bridge and the trail walks you through pine forests. Your trail passes above the Marsyangdi valley and you’ll be witnessing the peak of Lamjung himal. Following the trail along the river bank you’ll reach Gho village. Similarly, a short walk from Gho village, you’ll finally reach Tilche. You’ll stay overnight in Tilche and enjoy local brandy as well.
- Day 13 :Trek from Tilche(2300m) to Jagat(1410m) Today, from Tilche you’ll heads south to Jagat. After passing few villages, a roaring river will be accompanying you for a while. Later you’ll reach to Dharapani. Continuing your trail from Dharapani you’ll finally reach Jagat. At Jagat you might see more trekkers on the way since, Jagat en route Annapurna circuit trek. Overnight stay at Jagat.
- Day 14 :Trek from Jagat(1410m) to Bhulbhule(850m) You’ll start your trek from Jagat and cross Marshyangdi river on the way. Later, you’ll ascend to Bahundanda at the elevation of 1300 m. Finally, a descend and you’ll reach Bhulbhule. Overnight stay at Bhulbhule.
- Day 15 :Drive from Bhulbhule(850m) to Kathamandu(1400m) The 7 Hours drive from Bhulbhule and you’ll reach Kathmandu. The drive will be via Beshisahar where the trail on the way joins to Prithivi Highway in Bandipur. After you reach Kathmandu you can take rest or roam around Tourism hub in Thamel. At the evening you’ll join us for a farewell dinner. Overnight stay in hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 16 :Transfer to Airport Kathmandu Our airport representative will leave you to Tribhuvan international airport and wave good bye. As for you, all those beautiful trekking days are now over leaving the best memories for you to share with your friends back in states.
- All transportations during the trip
- All necessary documents and paperwork (TIMS cards and permit)
- Highly experienced English speaking Government Registered trekking guide and porter to carry luggage (1 porter for 2 trekkers)
- Guide and porter (salaries, equipment, food and lodging, insurance and transportation)
- Meals: (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Chlorine treated drinking water
- Accommodation: Private /Share and single/double room in Mountain
- First aid box
- All government and local taxes
- Farewell dinner
- International airfare
- Nepal visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses (Phone calls, WIFI, bar bills, battery recharge, laundry, boiled water and hot shower)
- Tipping and donations
Manaslu Circuit Trek Difficulty
Manaslu Circuit Trek is regarded one of Strenuous trek in Nepal. You should have good level of physical fitness to complete this trek. There you may have problems of altitude sickness, bad weather, lack of proper accommodation and food (in case you go alone, Nepal Trail Finder can arrange this). We recommend you to do some physical exercises prior to the trek, so that you can cut off Manaslu Trek Difficulty.
Manaslu Circuit Trek Permits
Manaslu Trek is Restricted area trekking. Hence Guide is compulsory to visit this region. You should have Manaslu Circuit Trekking Permit to enter in Manaslu Region. The permit cost varies time to time. The permit cost from September to November per week per person US$ 70 and After 7 days per day per person US$ 10. Whereas in other season from December to August the permit costs US$ 50/week per person and After 7 days per day per person US$ 7.
Manaslu Circuit Trek Best Time
Are you planning to visit Manaslu and wondering when is the best time to do Manaslu Circuit Trek? Spring and Autumn are considered as the best season to trek Manaslu. During Spring(March-April-May) and Autumn(September-October-November), weather is moderate and stable climate which leads to the beautiful scenic views and clear sky.