Gokyo Lake Trek/ Gokyo Ri Trek is one of the stunning treks which lies in the Khumbu area of the Everest Region. It is an option in contrast to classical treks to Khumbu Region. This trek is plan for explorers who are anxious to encounter the magnificence of the Everest area. This trek helps you to stay away from the psychological as well as physical pressure. The Trekking around Gokyo valley is consider as a conventional trek. This trek offers superb perspective on mountain crests and the Ngozumpa Glacier. The picture of this region with the taking off perspectives on the most famous mountains in Nepal. Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse just as Makalu which is unmistakably obvious from Gokyo Ri above Gokyo Lake.
You'll go through your everything your days in this trek in investigating and climbing. The unforeseen superb perspectives on mountains and lakes will make you feel loose. When you're there, you will be encompassed with the warm love of mountains and the way of life of individuals there. Murmuring water, brushing yaks and singing forests will capture your heart. This trek is the best way to trek over the Khumbu Himalayas. You'll get an opportunity to break down Nepal's inner excellence in this excursion with your very own eyes.
Gokyo Valley Trekking is the best decision for the individuals who need to explore the way of life of the Himalayan people, their religion, traditions and daily life of the Everest Region. The real excellence of Everest Area lies in its flawlessness to pull in trekkers once they come to investigate this remote area.
Trip Highlights of Gokyo Lake Trek
Namche Bazaar passage goal of Mt. Everest
Sherpa culture and lifestyle in Khumjung
Tranquil Gokyo lakes
Climbing Gokyo-Ri (5483m/17984ft)
Great perspective on Mt Everest, Mt Lhotse, Mt Makalu, Mt Cho Oyu and different mountains from Gokyo Ri
Excursion to the fifth lake
Ngozumpa Glacier, the world's greatest icy mass.
Sherpa Culture and convention
High suspension (Hillary Suspension Bridge)
Tibetan Buddhism and practice
Rest and acclimatization days before overcoming Everest Base Camp
Breathtaking perspective on Mount Everest and Himalayan wide range
- Day 01: Fly to lukla and trek to Phakding (2610m)
- Day 02: Phakding to Namche Bazaar Village (3,438m)
- Day 03: Acclimatization Day - Namche Bazaar Village(3,440m)
- Day 04: Namche Bazaar to Phortsea Tenga (4200m)
- Day 05: Phortsea Tenga to Machhermo (4470m)
- Day 06: Machhermo to Gokyo (4750m)
- Day 07: Rest Day : Gokyo
- Day 08: Gokyo to Dole (4790m)
- Day 09: Dole to Phakding (2610m)
- Day 10: Phakding to Lukla (2860m)
- Day 11: Fly back to Kathmandu (1200m)
- Day 01 :Fly to lukla and trek to Phakding (2610m) Early morning after having our breakfast, our guide will be moved you to the domestic airport of Kathmandu. With the best perspectives on Everest Himalayan extents we will land to the passage goals called Lukla (2840 m) where we will start our treks. In the wake of coming to the Tenzing Hillary Airport Lukla with 30 minutes of flight above green slope encompassed by world high mountain tops we will meet our remaining friends and prepared for packing. After a couple of minutes in small town Lukla, we will trek towards Phakding. During our trek towards Phakding we will have an exploration around the village monasteries. Remain Overnight at Phakding.
- Day 02 :Phakding to Namche Bazaar Village (3,438m) Today we will be ascending towards Dudh Koshi River on the excellent pine forests crossing numerous suspension bridge including well known Hillary suspension bridge we will ready to get the magnificent prospect of the Mt. Thamserku (6618 m). Passing the benker, Chumoa and Monjo in transit, we will achieve the passage check post of Sagarmatha National Park where your route permit of trekking will be checked. After that we pass Jorsale the last before Sherpa capital Namche bazaar. The trails move up through village and bridge until we achieve the gathering of the Dudh koshi and Bhote Koshi River. After rising around 2 hours we will almost certainly observe the primary perspective on Mount Everest grinning peering over the Lhotse-Nuptse edge. We will stop for the view in chauteri for couple of minutes which could be great rest in moving up also. After that, despite everything we must climb up about 1.5 hours to achieve the Sherpa capital the door to Mount Everest and fundamental exchanging focal point of this district. Overnight at Namche Bazar.
- Day 03 :Acclimatization Day - Namche Bazaar Village(3,440m) This is the plan pursued by every single trekker as it is prescribed by the well being specialists to have a rest day and important to remain dynamic and moving during the rest day rather than sitting as idle. In the rest we can climb to the Thame or in Khunde for unwinding exploration of the village. Namche bazaar is the principle focal point of Everest (Khumbu) area and has government workplaces, ATMs, web bistro, shops, café, pubs,bakery. Our trekking guides will take you to traveler guests inside close to the head quarter of the Sagarmatha national park where you can assimilate things identified with Everest ascenders, Sherpa culture and will likewise find out about different plants and creatures. We additionally take an intriguing side up to Khumjung village which can be best for adjust and we can discover pretense tap in Syangboche. Alongside, extraordinary perspective on Everest, Kongde, Thamserku and Khumbila. We will visit to Hillary school and return to Namche Bazaar after lunch. Investigate the motion picture called like a phantom or comparative Everest endeavor's motion picture in the guest house. Overnight at Namche Bazar.
- Day 04 :Namche Bazaar to Phortsea Tenga (4200m) Today after breakfast with our pack prepared, we will begin our climb towards Phortsea Tenga. In transit we will almost certainly observe the great panorama perspective on the mountains like Everest, Amadablam and Thamserku in front of us. Passing few chortens and town we will reach at Phortsea Tenga where we will have our lunch and remain overnight.
- Day 05 :Phortsea Tenga to Machhermo (4470m) Today we will ascend 810 m up to Machhermo from Phortse Tenga we will pass few spots like dole, kele and luza to reach there. During our walk we will almost certainly see tabauche and choletse. Here we can get the altitude lecture and medicine for emergency at the clinic and remain overnight at Machhermo.
- Day 06 :Machhermo to Gokyo (4750m) Today is the day of our main destination place which is Gokyo valley. During our walk, we will pass three lakes known as first, second, and third lakes individually. We can also view mountains Cho Oyu and some more. In the evening,we stroll around lake and go for viewing glacier’s in Gokyo.
- Day 07 :Rest Day : Gokyo Early in the morning we will move towards Gokyo Ri to view the sunrise and Himalayan panorama view. We can see Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Lhotse, Lhotse shar, and numerous other mountains. Rest in Gokyo valley.
- Day 08 :Gokyo to Dole (4790m) Today we will trek down right to Dole Pass machhermo and other little places in transit. Today we will walk confronting Thamserku mountain and can see numerous others mountain. Overnight in Dole.
- Day 09 :Dole to Phakding (2610m) Early in the morning after having our breakfast, we will be descending towards the Phakding. During our descends we will be visiting different monasteries around the valley. We will be having a comfortable rest after our trek and remain overnight at Phakding.
- Day 10 :Phakding to Lukla (2860m) Today we will be descending towards the Lukla Airport. We will be booking our flight for Lukla-Kathmandu and will be mesmerizing the village of Lukla. We will be visiting the village community people their lifestyle, culture, tradition and have an experience with the local people.
- Day 11 :Fly back to Kathmandu (1200m) Today we will be returning to Kathmandu after having our whole journey full of exciting and experienced about hiking as well as trekking and having those experienced for next time to trek numbers of trekking areas in Nepal.
- All transportations during the trip
- Round airfare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- All airport taxes
- All necessary documents and paperwork (TIMS cards and permit)
- Highly experienced English speaking Government Registered trekking guide and porter to carry luggage (1 porter for 2 trekkers)
- Guide and porter salaries, equipment, food and lodging, insurance and transportation)
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Chlorine treated drinking water
- Accommodation: Private /Share and single/double room in Mountain
- First aid box
- All government and local taxes
- Farewell dinner
- International airfare
- Nepal visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses (Phone calls, WIFI, bar bills, battery recharge, laundry, boiled water and hot shower)
- Tipping and donations
Gokyo Lake Trek Difficulty
The duration of the trek, Weather and Temperature, Altitude Sickness, Physical Stamina and Training are the major challenges of Gokyo Lake Trek. Gokyo Lake Difficulty can be sorted by choosing the right season to trek, keeping yourself hydrated, and walking with proper rest.
You'll be staying in Gokyo village on your Gokyo Lake trek. Gokyo village is small village located at the bank of Gokyo lake and in the bottom of the Gokyo Ri. In Gokyo village, one can relish in the culture and tradition of Sherpa people. Likewise, you can try their food items and yak meat as well.